Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-03-20

March challenge



Days are getting longer and longer. Soon Spring flowers will start to bloom. The world will be filled again with beautiful colors of nature. The scent of blooming apple and cherry buds will permeate the air. Can you hear birds singing their joyful song? Let yourself feel joy too. Lighter days are coming.


To join our challenge you can create any type of project you wish - ATC, layout, card, canvas, off the page project, collage, art-journal spread and more. Just please let yourself be inspired by our moodboard.


Inspiration from our Design Team:



Hello everyone! We have absolutely gorgeous and spring Mood board this month! I decided to make ATC series and it was my first attempt. It was an interesting experience.

 If you are interested, how I was creating them, you can see my video tutorial that I have prepared for you. 








Wish you a lot of inspiration, Nadya Drozdova

My video:


Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello friends! Our juicy and bright March moodboard inspired me to create cards with flowers and herbs. I love the botanical theme and chose it for my work very often. I'm looking forward to the days when more greens will appear on the street.




I used in this work my new love it's rust effect paste Military. Look what a beautiful natural colours! I colored some parts of the plants by impasto paint Jade. I really love how looks like this color with this set of pastes. And also this paint has color as a sky in Spring. I love when works are "speaking" so I used for my cards Word Stickers from 7 Dots Studio collections.





I prepared a video tutorial as a help, If you want to try to create similar cards.





Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hi Lovelies,

Here I have done a mixed media canvas. Taking colours from the moodpboard but loved the top picture with the darker blues, but yellows and oranges exploding in front. Wanted to get a feeling of those colours exploding from the darkness, like we are moving into Spring here. It has felt like a long winter and it was lovely to create this colourful explosion.



Along with black gesso, I used Lindy’s in the background, with yellow and orange Art Alchemy paints taking centre stage. I used lots of embellishments, general bits and bobs left over in my stash. Can you spot the zip?











A good dash of Finn’s Mechanicals, but my main focus was texture, like the gorgeous ones in the mood board. I love a good contrasting focal point and those signs by Prima are perfect, they do the job every time.

Hope you enjoy!
Hugs
Georgie

Mixed Media Place supplies:




Inspired by the Spring moodboard I have created a set of Spring ATCs. I have used wonderful Impasto Paints - I love their gorgeous colors! Their thick consistency is perfect for working with stencils. When I want to add colours to flowers, chipboard, lace or paper, I dilute them with water.


For texture I mixed 3D gel medium with Mica Flakes, Microbeads and Glass Beads. 3D gel medium worked also as a glue.


I have made white splashes using High Flow from Golden. The background paper is 7 Dots Studio Nature Walk 6x6 pads. I hope you like my Artist Trading Cards.


Mixed Media Place supplies:




* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until April 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of April.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for May 2018!!

Have a great day!




5 comments:

  1. stunning reveal ladies! what a bright and bold mood board!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing examples DT. Tfs and for giving us so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Such gorgeous inspiration from the team!! I LOVE the mood board- it has me feeling the warmth of the sun!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.