Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-02-20

February challenge


I suppose everyone misses Spring already. We do. Our this month mood board is an expression of this longing. Flowers, soap bubbles, misty forest, beautiful sunsets, warm meadows - all these things soon will be our joy again. In the meantime, we can use them as inspiration - recall our memories and enjoy them and creating.


To join our challenge you can create any type of project you wish - ATC, layout, card, canvas, off the page project, collage, art-journal spread and more. Just please let yourself be inspired by our moodboard.


Inspiration from our Design Team:



Hi friends! This month moodboard inspired me to create layout on nature theme with macro-photo of leaf. The usual things that we often don't pay attention
are amazing - a drop of water, dancing motes in the rays of sun, a structure of leaf ... It's a huge and fascinating world, and you just need to stop for a minute and take a closer look!





As a base I used sheet from amazing Nothern Lights collection. Small specks and stars create magician's atmosphere.



I covered sheet Clear Gesso, added 3d Gloss Gel using stencils. Then I applied acrylic paints mixed with water - Metallique Dark Forest, Metallique Deep Waters
and ink. Also I used different stamps. To create my composition I took tags, word stickers, elements stickers,
die-cut elements also from this collection, gears from Finnabair's "Mechanicals", chipboard. I covered some of the elements with little bit of Impasto Paint - Jade,
others with waxes - Rich Copper, Mystic Turquoise and Old Silver.





Wish you inspiration and a lot of creating ideas!
--
Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hello dears! I really love Fantasy books and movies and this wonderful mood board in my mind is associated with this particular genre. This inspired me to create a piece of Magic Forest. Just imagine an old fence in a forgotten village that people have left a long time ago. And fairies and other magical creatures living in this place now :) 



To create an old wood imitation I used a pieces of chipboard, Black and White Gesso, White Crackle paste and Plaster paste. To color it I used Art Alchemy Impasto paints: Dark Chocolate, Bottle Green and Poppy Red. Their matte finish perfectly match this technique. 















To color all the other elements I used Art Alchemy Metallique and Sparks paints.


Mixed Media Place supplies:




This month we have such an amazing mood board! With its rich green colors the new Finnabair`s acrylic paints are a perfect match!



I made reverse canvas that looks like little green suitcase full of flowers and leaves.







Spring is a time to dream and it is coming! ))
Hugs, Nadya





I was inspired by the photographs of the forest landscapes, remembering my walks when I was a child in our the green forests. In my country we have a special contact with nature and in our mythology we have many creatures that care about the nature.







Keeping all these things in my mind, I created this canvas full of textures and layers!

Mixed Media Place supplies:





I really like such a palette and mood, as on our new mood board!
Air bubbles, light and magic of the green - all this inspired me to make a canvas.


I used a new Paper Texture Paste for the texture. Then  applied a Dark Olive paste from a Camouflage Set. I have added Mica Powder - Bottle Green and Gold colors. In the end, new acrylics - Romance Pink, Rustic Brown and Golden Moss. And of course, my favorite waxes helped to create mood.







Mixed Media Place supplies:





For this month challenge I have created a canvas. I have started with Texture Paste. Than I have added some Art Stones and Pebbles. Everything was coloured using ArtAlchemy Paints in a variety shades of green. I did my best so the colours and textures match the photo.


Here are some close-ups.









Mixed Media Place supplies:

* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until March 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store. 
Winner and features will be announced by the end of March.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for April 2018!!

Have a great day!



9 comments:

  1. Я зависла, я залипла. Это нереально вдохновляюще!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning projects by all the DT members

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved!!! i will try to do! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Фантастические и завораживающие работы! Море вдохновения!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what amazing nature inspired designs. I love all the mixed media projects you did DT. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the inspiration and for the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.