Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-09-20

September challenge


Autumn is just around the corner. A mixture of cold and warm colours in our this month moodboard reflects the cold outside and the warm inside our homes.


To join our challenge you can create any type of project you wish - ATC, layout, card, canvas, off the page project, collage, art-journal spread and more. Just please let yourself be inspired by our moodboard.


Inspiration from our Design Team:

Hello dears!
I absolutely love this wonderful mood-board! Especially The forest picture in teal and tangerine tones and the quote are really inspired me to create this mixed media canvas.



I started with applying a thick layer of modeling paste and stamped into the wet paste a few chipboard die cuts (leafs and brunches). Next I added more texture using Crackle effect paste and after drying I arranged all elements on the canvas. To color my project I used Art Alchemy Impasto paints (I'm in love with these paints!)






Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hello everyone!
What a great challenge mood board!
I adore autumn and with great pleasure made a canvas for a new challenge.
Canvas that autumn leaves vivid memories and images.



In the background texture through the stencil 7Dots Studio.



Beautiful turquoise on lace and décor - the work of Lindys spray. Color Tibetian Poppy Teal.



Autumn memories, they are the same orange and bright as the leaves. They fly with ringing splashes, rustle in my memory. And wait for next year))


Mixed Media Place supplies:





For this month challenge I have prepared an altered canvas bag. I have used Impasto Paints from Finnabair.





Mixed Media Place supplies:





A few years ago I was enchanted by idea of Artist Trading Cards. It was 2010, when I have created my first ATC. The idea of exchanging cards with people from around the world was very exciting :) The dimensions of ATC are always 2.5x3.5'' (6,3x8,9cm). Since then I have collected 3 albums full of Artist Trading Cards designed by lots of different scrapbookers. If anybody would like to trade with me, please visit my FB fanpage and leave there a comment under a photo of the ATCs.



A few close-ups:







Mixed Media Place supplies:






For this challenge I created a tag with wonderful Hazy Day collection from 7 Dots Studio that I love.
I made a texture using some Finnabair paste that I love with all my heart.



To add a bit of magic I used chipboard pieces and die-cut elements and also AZURE color paint.

A few droplets and the tag becomes magical.




Please take a look at short video below to see how I created the tag.





Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hello my creative lovelies!

So inspired by this month's mood board. I just adore the colours and the feeling it invokes. I fell in love with the picture and it's colours on the left. The warm oranges turning to gorgeous turquoise/teal then receding to contrasting black. 



Taking the colours from that photo I worked with this theme. Using some absolutely gorgeous products I created this mini canvas. 



Mini Art Stones and cheesecloth was used to create texture. 



Crackle paste for a base with scrapiniec pieces, to Black gesso and Finnabairs Microbeads, Glitter Glass and Glitter. 





Hope you have liked, take care
Hugs
Georgie
X




* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until October19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of October.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for November!!

Have a great day!



13 comments:

  1. beautiful pieces. Exceptional mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations!! Thank you team for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such inspiring pieces of art. Thank you for sharing. Tbe Mood board is amazing - I love the colours. I am so excited about this .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the beautiful inspiration and for the fun moodboard to be inspired by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Es precioso!, yo participaré cerca del 16 de octubre!!.. nos vemos por esas fechas!!! Gracias equipo por la inspiración!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration :) loved playing along

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful moodboard and amazing inspiration from the DT! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful moodboard like always n inspiration projects by DT r superb thnks for inspiration ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mood board and your beautiful mixed media inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing projects!!! WOW!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing showcase DT. Incredible and very inspiring board too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic color palette! Great job from the team!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.