Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-08-20

August challenge



You can create any type of project you wish - ATC, layout, card, canvas, off the page project, collage, art-journal spread and more.

Inspiration from our Design Team:


Hello everyone!
I was very inspired by the houses from our board and the palette. Already in the process, when I recorded for myself associations with a fairy-tale city, I thought about books and lights.
My page about the old city. It would be great to take a walk in this and live there!







Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hiya!

What a great challenge mood board Tusia has created for us! I love the colours. They seem so magical and remind me of a Utopia… and led me to think of a paradise centred on the theme of this board.



I love creating on tags, sometimes it is good to mix it up with a different size substrates. I started with a layer of white gesso and stamped into this to create some texture.



Izinks are great fun to use and incredibly pigmented! A perfect base to build up lots of layers!











I have created a video of my process, hope you enjoy!


Video:

Hugs
Georgie

Mixed Media Place supplies:


This time I was blown away by the gorgeous colour palette. Especially the smoky blues took my breath away. I made a tiny notebook in rather industrial look.



I used an old rusty metal element as the main embellishment. To soften it a bit I glued on some fabric motifs.







The crucial role played various minimalistic stamps that I stamped on using grey and turquoise ink. I love the way it turned out at the end.

Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hi everybody!

A background with the inks of Lindy's and Ecoline, the tags, tags and labels of 7 Dots Studio, and here is a nice double page for the challenge!







I was inspired by the colors and the sentence !!!

xoxoxo
Nirvana





In this project I have been inspired by the photo of the city, those blue colors.... as for the phrase I have thought of a butterfly and its transformation.
I have used a stencil to create the background and on it - I have splashed different shades of blue until I get the desired background! I have embossed a stamp and I have used another stencil to paint on it and finish creating the background. Then I have created the base of the photo with embellishments and voila!



Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hello, Cindy here. For this month challenge I have created 2 cards.


I love pastel colours! And 7 Dots Studio has beautiful papers from the Dreamscapes collection, that I am still in love. 
So this month I played with pastel colore, 7 Dots Studio Dreamscapes papers and chipboard pieces, and flowers. Check out a little video to see how I did it.






Mixed Media Place supplies:




* * * * * * * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until September 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of September.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for October!!

Have a great day!




7 comments:

  1. stunning new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such fab inspiration and a great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. super amazing inspirational board. the left size really cough my eye. Also the minialbum part. love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the projects by DT r superb

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous projects :) thanks for the wonderful inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful and beautiful inspirations and a fun challenge too. My project is made up of your supplies and I had a blast so thank you for that Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.