Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-05-20

May challenge


May and June are months filled with sunny weather, strawberries, going outside, staring at the stars... We are tend to wear pastel or bright colours and usually we laugh more usually. Our moodboard reflects all of these :)

Feel free to be inspired by theme, shape, pattern, color, quote or anything you will find above, and join our challenge :)



Inspiration from our Design Team:




Hi lovelies,

I was inspired by so many elements of this mood board, it was so hard to choose what to follow but...



… that cake especially looks very appealing and inspired me to do a rounded cake shape box and for the sentiment too!! :)



I used Scrapiniec pieces and art stones for the base, and covered everything in white gesso once it was set. Then once the gesso was dry I used some pink Lindy’s and Art Alchemy paint. Before the gesso dried however, I sprinkled some embossing powder and heat dried.



I then added a Prima flower, and some more Scrapiniec pieces to build up further layers. Sprinkled some glitter and sequins, along with some clear melange.



I finished up with the sentiment and a final sequin and melange piece to ground the sentiment to the box.

Happy creating
Hugs
Georgie

Mixed Media Place supplies:




Hello everyone! I made a bright children's page. On the photo, it is me and my older brother.



The base is resist canvas, painted with sprays and turned on the wrong side. In my opinion, the background turned out to be softer and more gentle. 











Next, I created a background for my composition with the help of sprays, pastes, stamps and foil. The composition turned out to be very voluminous!

Mixed Media Place






Our moodboard inspired me to think about the love of the mixed media.
This phrase - " a little progress each day adds up to big results "  very well suited to our creativity! Is't it? And scrapbooking and mixmedia erase our age boundaries. Here we are forever young!



In my work I mixed Texture Paste White Crackle and metal embellishments. Added beads, micro beads, feathers.





Base - old frame. I applied Heavy Body Gel to the acrylic sheet.Using a new Autumn Leaves stencil from Celebr8.
 When the gel dried, I added a little bit alcohol ink to show the texture.
Then I attached the sheet to the frame with a wire



At the end of the work added gears. Dyed my heart with Mica Powder and Art Alchemy Paints.
Tinted with Art Alchemy Waxes.



Mixed Media Place supplies:








Hello dears!
Ola here. This amazing mood-board inspired me to create a spring themed card.



The background for my card I decided to create from scratch with no scrapbook papers. When the base was ready I started from stamping. To create a texture I mixed Stone Effect paste Pumice with Patina Effect Paste Mint-Green and applied it through Rose Bouquet stencil by  Celebr8.



Next I added a first layer of embellishments and colored them with several colors of Art Alchemy Metallique and Sparks paints. Then I added some shading with mists and completed my card flowers, crystals  and quotes from 7 Dots Studio stickers.



And I prepared a video tutorial with my voice instructions. Hope you'll enjoy it.



Mixed Media Place supplies:






I decided to interpret the challenge in a shape of card. Here is my creation. Remember to scroll down, because there is a video tutorial waiting for you.



Today I really enjoyed myself with red colour. I used the wonderful papers from Finnabair Sunset Sunrise line and kraft card as a base.

Then I took a few chipboard pieces and celebr8 resin embellishments that I adore. I have also used the Mini Art Stones and Art Stones from Finnabair.



I love adding flowers for my happiness.

I added also mica powders for colors without forgetting about the beautiful wax from Finnabair to add shine. And to say that my creation without droplets would not be mine.



I like to challenge myself.


Here is my video, that I have created for you:


Mixed Media Place supplies:



Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until June 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of June.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for July!!

Have a great day!



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects and amazing mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!!! Great job girls! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mood board and STUNNING inspiration! You ladies are immensely talented. Beautiful projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the inspiration :)
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tusia for your supporting!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects sure to inspire all and a beautiful inspiration board too.
    I've been hunting to see if there were any rules for entry, like if we have to use Prima products? But I can't find them. If my entry is not allowed please let me know and I will delete it.
    Thank you for the fun challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous moodboard and amazing creations by you all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.