Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-04-28

Virág Reti - April Guest Designer

Our Guest Designer this month is Virag Reti - hungarian mixed-media scrapbooker, that won our previous challenge. Virag has prepared tiny but beautiful project with a story behind. Grab your tea or coffee and enjoy today's post.


* * * * * * * *





Virág means flower in Hungarian. I work as a chief of marketing on weekdays, but my passion is scrapbooking. This is not just a craft activity for me, it is my real holiday and time for relaxation. My scraproom is a calm island in this busy world. I started scrapbooking 5 years ago, but last year when I met with mixed media scrapbooking techniques in an American YouTube video I felt that I found my style, the technique I was looking for. I am a coffee lover. I love singing loudly, but my voice is horrible. And I know, I am a bit crazy, because normal is boring for me. :)


I am so happy to be here with you on Mixed Media Place blog. This is the biggest honour in my scrap life. I would like to show you my latest project. There is a story behind, I tell you... This weekend we bought a flea collar for our dog to prevent him from ticks. It was packed in a tiny metallic box that inspired me at the first sight. I decided to prepare a memory box.


I covered the box with white gesso and than I started to color the background with mists. I used crackle paste on the horizontal surfaces inside and outside.. As you may see the embellisments are stickers, mechanicals and paper flowers on the top of the box. I really like to use lace so I glued a strip under the whole composition.



Doily Lace is one of my favourite Scrapiniec collections and it perfectly fitted into the box. I scattered tons of mika flakes and beads to the bottom of the box. I covered it with the photo and the chipboard, but it is a great vintage effect round about the focus point.



 I hope you like my project. 

Virág

Mixed Media Place supplies:

4 comments:

  1. Really stunning - the combination of colours and decay is simply beautiful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! Love your palette and the photo of the two of you inside is perfectly romantic!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing this project!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.