Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-03-04

New again by Ola Khomenok


Hello dears! I'm so excited to be a part of this amazing team!

It's my first project for Mixed Media Place. I created an altered notebook with mixed media techniques.  I found that creating notebooks it's a fun just like canvases, but more useful :)



I altered the cover in vintage style. To create these fabric waves I used Art Extravagance - Sculpture Medium – Clear by Finnabair.





I started with detaching the original hard cover from the inner pages. I wrapped the cover with a cotton fabric. Next I covered it with a layer of Soft Matte Gel. After drying I added a piece of gauze fabric (Art Basics Fabric pack by Finnabair) and made the waves with a Sculpture medium. Next step – I covered the waves with white gesso diluted with water. After drying I started to play with Art Alchemy metallique paints, rust effect pastes and Lindy's mists. Finally, I added a few Mechanicals embellishments, stamps and white crackle paste.





You can watch the video of the process below.


Mixed Media Place supplies:

19 comments:

  1. Ола, поздравляю! Замечательное начало)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it💖
    Such a beautiful noetbook👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing project!! Thanks so much for a great tutorial 😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you you for the comment!

      Delete
  5. Amazing
    So beautiful and original
    Waiting for your next training

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous project, so creative and a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love every part of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awsome love you details and it turned out great. i will link to your blog. hope you look by mine

    ReplyDelete