Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-03-20

March challenge



Feel free to be inspired by theme, shape, pattern, color, quote or anything you will find above, and join our challenge :)



Inspiration from our Design Team:



Hello dears!

I'm in love with this mood board! The colors, the quote, the mood of freedom…

I decided to create a small motivation canvas and focus on the quote. So, I found this optimistic sentiment in my stamps and stamped it on the journaling card by Prima. I cut the frame from plain chipboard and covered it with a white heavy body gesso. 


The background texture I created with a lot of Art Stones, Soft matte gel, Black gesso, Art Alchemy metallique paints and Lindy's mists. The flat flowers are white embossing + watercolors. To create these native style feathers, I covered them with a layer of soft matte gel and painted with white marker.







Mixed Media Place supplies:



I love art-journaling - little by little I fill my big art-journal with new pages. For that spread I have used Ecoline Pens, Acrylic Paints and also Letraset Aquamarkers and Big Brush Pens from Faber-Castell. 



I started with priming blank pages with clear gesso. Than, using a pencil, I sketched a bear and its owner and also stars, that were shining for them.


I have added some stamping and handwriting. In my art-journal pages you will always find deeper meaning and my own emotions.










Mixed Media Place supplies:





Hi!!!

I created a page in my Art Journal of pregnancy !! I was inspired by colors, and by chevrons which we find on feathers!



I used black gesso and some Art Alchemy acrylic paints!!!

xoxo

Mixed Media Place supplies:





I decided to interpret the challenge in a form of layout. Here is my creation. Remember to look down for video



Today I really enjoyed the rainbow of colours.





First I used paints with texture powder, I love these products to make pastes and use with stencils.




Then I used 7 Dots Studio papers and their tags at the back of my photo.



I love adding fabrics to make the dimension and texture below my picture.


Finally I add color with my droplets.


Enjoy the video:




Mixed Media Place supplies:








Hi folks here is my piece for this month’s challenge. Love the colours from this board, seems magical and dreamy. I used lots of art stones and cheese cloth for texture, but one of the best bits is the crackle - Art Basics White Crackle is just super awesome!! I used Lindy’s Sprays for this and 7 Dots Elements.



The substrate is an empty Prima Wood Icons box - perfect!! Here are some close ups of the yummy textures:





Happy crafting
Georgie

Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until April 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of April.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for May!!

Have a great day!




6 comments:

  1. I loved all!!!! Great inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... Dreamy inspirations from the Design Team.
    What a beautiful mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful creations :) thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. This the first I participe and I had some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely gorgeous, stunning, beautiful mood board!

    Added to the Big List of Challenges :)

    http://www.dearzae.com/2017/04/april-2017-challenges.html

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.