Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2017-01-20

January challenge




This month challenge moodboard is white, teal, brown, blue - feel free to be inspired by theme, shape, pattern, color, quote or anything you will find above :)


Inspiration from our Design Team:




Sylwia here:) I love the colours of this challenge and I decided to paint my mixed media fairy-girl. At first I used the Watercolours by Prima, I adore those little tins filled in with high pigmented paints:) Then I added elements from my favourite collection by 7 Dots Studio - Cotton Candy Dreams. I also added lots of doodles with pencils and some other details with Ecoline brush pen.










Mixed Media Place supplies:






For this challenge, I decided to create a layout. I have used 7 Dots Studio Verano Azul collection and I played with Prima Oil Pastels and added some texture using Finnabair media and stencil. Here is my layout:



And here are detailed photos:














My Video tutorial:


Mixed Media Place supplies:






For the challenge, I made a piggy bank from a box of tobacco !! (I remind you that smoking is bad for health, isn't it? !!!!)












And here is my video:



Mixed Media Place supplies:




To create my tag I have used a few elements from our moodboard. I like a lot brown and blue color combo, so these are main colours in my project. I covered my tag base with Clear Gesso and started to embellish it. Focal point of my project is beautiful flower. I created a mixed-media background with lots of additional objects.







Mixed Media Place supplies:



* * * * *

Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until February19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of February.

And our winner will be also invited to be our Guest Designer for March!!

Have a great day!


10 comments:

  1. Wow. Another challenge already and I couldn't play with last one. This is a lovely mood board. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations by you all - the close-ups were so yummy. Thanks bunches for the fab colors and mood board. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this challenge is really wonderful!!! Gorgeous work from the dt members...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely works! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome creations. Love the use of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful and varied work by the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this challenge and this colour palette...The inspiration from the DT is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful examples, and such a gorgeous mood board!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.