Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-12-13

Espresso by Cristin



Hello starshines!

In the cold wintery month's the perfect way to warm up is with coffee and espresso... and today I will pay homage to that love!



I started with a 12" x 12" canvas, and layered ephemera with matte gel and light layer of white gesso. Then, I started sketching my design.




From there I used a splattery stencil with modeling paste, and started painting it in. I love to use the Prima Art Alchemy paints in my paintings and I especially love the look of the metallique and opal magics! Every time I include these paints in my work I get compliments and "oohs and ahhhs" over the beautiful color and sheen they provide!






I finished off the painting with a layer of gloss varnish and that is it!

Doesn't it make you want an espresso?

Mixed Media Place supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I would love this on my walls. And yes, it makes me want coffee, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.