Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-12-07

A Vintage Christmas by Georgie


The holiday season is upon us and I’m not one for making lots of Christmassy things, but I do like to dabble a little. The sculpture paste was the lure for this creation. It really inspired to try and create angel wings for the background and texture.



For the wings I cut long strips of grey cotton, dipped in to the sculpture paste and in a concertina/ruffled effect created the wings. Using a heat tool I dried the majority and then left the rest to dry naturally. I applied white gesso over with some mini art stones, and then some of that gorgeous sparkly snowflake paste.



The heart was sprayed with Empress Gold from the ColorBloom collection. I love the way it pooled and collected in certain areas not giving an even covering, it gives it a far more interesting look.




The edges of the bag were coated in some Art Alchemy Paints. The first large layer was Steampunk Copper, then edge the second deeper, contrasting colour in Blackberry, pulling the eye in to the central focal area. This is also great for creating that warm vintage glow and makes those light areas really stand out too.



In amongst the white folds of the wings, I added some sparkly gold/pink tinged shadows. Lots of sparkle, which I have tried to capture in this photo, some Sugar Glitter for seasonal magic! Thanks for looking here today!
Hugs
Georgie

Mixed Media Place supplies:


2 comments:

  1. Georgie, well, you certainly should make Christmas-y things more, because you know all the tricks! I love this vintage bag! A case where the wrapping IS the gift! I hope you are enjoying this special time of year! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bag with its old look and beautiful wings.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.