Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-08-20

August challenge - Creative Gym#20

Everybody dreams sometimes. Some of our dreams are very big, some of them are tiny, some are common and some are very crazy or untypical. So... what do you dream of? If it is possible, share your dreams with us. If you prefer to keep them hidden (some people believes that keeping them secret makes them possible to come true), just please be inspired by our Creative Gym quote and/or patterns, colors, clouds, flying etc.



You can create anything you want - a tag, a layout, a card, an off-the-page project, a card, an ATC, an art-journal spread, a canvas and many more - just be inspired by our quote and put our challenge banner in your blogpost showing your entry. 

 Here is an inspiration delivered by our fabulous team: 





Hello Dear creative souls

Today I'll show you my August Challenge project. 
I decided to interpret the challenge in a form of a little box.
Here is my creation in 3D. And please remember to look down - I have prepared a video for you.



 I created a small box where I can hide my dreams - there are also two small cards in it.
I love 7 Dots Studio collection Cold Country. 



I also played with lace and gesso. And those beautiful flowers from Finnabair are fantastic for alteration. 







And of course a little bit painting with Art Alchemy to give some texture. I love this beautiful little box.



Supplies from Mixed Media Place:





Hello Arty Souls:) 
We all have good but crazy dreams sometimes:) Mine is to travel the world and see places:) Crazy? Yes, at times when I feel like getting into tiny boat and sail to uknown:)  This project I made also for a lovely student from Georgia who was volunteering  in my work place for a year and who fallen in love with our beautiful city - Galway. I used embroidery hoops and fabric which I primed with Gesso and Texture Paste. I also used Heavy Body Gel to glue the bigger pieces. I used the pieces of coral from our coral beach and I made little houses out of cardboard, which I painted with Art Alchemy paints.













Supplies from Mixed Media Place:



Liber de Somniis
(translation ‘Book of Dreams’)



Love the idea of this creative challenge and the concept of dreams and dreaming. In my head I was conjuring up a magical land, where dreams could be made reality with the help of a magical dream journal, but only those of a certain bloodline could harness this wondrous power!! 


I layered the front with some chippies, and Vintage Mechanicals from Finnabair’s metal embellishment line. The centre of the heart was coloured using Art Alchemy Paint in Royal Red. 


Loved the process of making this book, including trying for the first time some hand stitched binding. 



Rust Paste, yummy, yummy rust paste was a must to create this aged feel! I used it across the chippie pieces and the brads, mixing up all three colours but concentrating and always blending back with the darkest.


The second layer of chippie had some gilding flakes followed by Art Basics Black Gesso to darken up and some clear embossing powder.



Close up of the hand stitched binding, it’s a variation on the long stitch version of binding. 

Can’t wait to make my next one now too!!

Hugs
Gee
x
Mixed Media Place supplies:





Masculine layout "The first carp"

This layout I have dedicated to my best friends, who dreamed all summer to catch the first carp. More recently, their dream has come true. Early in the morning the bell on a fishing rod has rung and after a while it appeared that on the hook there was a small but such a long-awaited carp.











Supplies from Mixed Media Place:




Hello!
I made frame with black background and motivation title.
All surface and decoration I covered with black gesso and added shimmers with different iridescent paints by ColourArte





Mixed Media Place supplies:










I had so much fun taking inspiration from this month's challenge! I started working on a two-page journal spread in my vintage ledger. Since the pages are thin, I used a layer of clear gesso.. and then randomly white gesso and a black gesso wash. I like to use the wash when I want bits of the background to still show through. I also used Art Alchemy Opal Magic - Yellow-Blue on the background. This paint is so magical, over the black gesso it became a brilliant, beautiful blue. This month's inspiration is darker so I honored that with blacks and blues. The star of the page is Finnabair's "Doorway" stamp, which I used throughout!

Mixed Media Place supplies:


* * *


Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until September 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of September.

Have a great day!





10 comments:

  1. Wow girls these projects are all so very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of projects are amazing!!!! Good job girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and inspiring projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pieces are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Girls I can't wait your creations for this challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. good morning! Tell me, please , the deadline has already passed ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Круто! Очень круто!
    Я новичок. Пришла в гости впервые. И похоже, останусь у Вас надолго.
    Спасибо за потрясающие работы!
    Рискну показать свой миксмедийный разворот по заданию.
    Да, я тоже не увидела дату окончания задания.
    Можно ещё добавиться ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved this challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome! Say please "August challenge - Creative Gym#20" and the results have been announced?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.