Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-07-20

July challenge - moodboard

Magical? I can't find a better word to describe our July moodboard. There are so many things, to be inspired by: lights, sea, clouds, colors, words, shapes, roses, trees, and many more. What inspires you? What will you choose from our July moodboard?


You can create anything you want - a tag, a layout, a card, an off-the-page project, a card, an ATC, an art-journal spread, a canvas and many more - just be inspired by our quote and put our challenge banner in your blogpost showing your entry. 

 Here is an inspiration delivered by our fabulous team:











I was inspired by the moodboard for our challenge, to create a summer dream catcher. Beautiful pastel colors and lots of different media. I created it using a chipboard circle, that I wrapped with some string and I covered the whole thing with gesso. 
Then I added some microbeads and a few layers of different colors Art Alchemy Metalic Paints. On top of everything, I used Color Bloom spray. My dream-catcher is small one - I can put it on the paper or leave it as kind of decoration.

Mixed Media Place supplies:

















When i first saw the moodboard challenge of July, I had a romantic mood and feeling, so i decided to create something more clean and bright. A little canvas full of pink and light blue touches plus some brown and black silver points. I used several 7 Dots Studio products (tags-stickers-elements), Scrapiniec chipboard pieces and leftovers too, together with Prima flowers (paper and metalic). I was inspired by the top left picture's colors and the general calm and soft feeling of the moodboards. Did you notice that i didn't stamp anywhere??? Kisses...

Mixed Media Place supplies:








I made a page in my art-journal, I was inspired by pink colors and blue and I used the word " happy "

Mixed Media Place supplies:






Hello Dear creative souls
Today I'll show you my July Challenge project. I decided to interpret the challenge in a form of Art Journal. Here is my creation in 3D. Remember to look down - I created a video for you.




Today I have played with Ecolines - what a wonderful product they are!
They are magical. I worked with stencils and great texture paste from Prima.
I'm in love again. I added some texture with Mixed Media Place feathers and Scrapiniec chipboard.
I had a lot of fun - I didn't think - I have just created.






Enjoy the video:




Mixed Media Place supplies:




I love flowers. For this month challenge (we have such a beautiful moodboard!!) I was inspired by colors, flowers and lights (I used microbeads to create an effect similar to the lights on the moodboard).


Background is created with gesso (applied through Finnabair stencil), indian ink splatters, ecolines splatters, Glimmer Mists applied through Finnabair stencil, microbeads, glass glitter, glass beads and some stamping.


Background papers comes from Homegrown collection by 7 Dots Studio - tags, stickers and chipboard pieces too.






Mixed Media Place supplies:




* * *


Join our new challenge! We love to see your beautiful creations!
You have time to play with us until August 19th. 
Simply add a link to your work using the inlinkz tool below. 
Our Design Team will choose their favorite piece and its author will win a discount coupon to be used in our Mixed Media Place Store
Winner and features will be announced by the end of August.

Have a great day!


14 comments:

  1. Love this! Beautiful work ladies.. Always love moodboards from MMP, this is a beauty again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty moodboard. Lifted my spirits immediately. As always, v beautiful projects by the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow!!! Your work is amazing girls! Moodboard is beautiful, I'll work on it very quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. j'ai hate de voir ta page ou creation beauté

      Delete
  4. Wow great work ladies and such an inspirational board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning all projects! Thanks for sharing!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow stuinning projects girls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beatuiful moad board, and the projects from DT are so beautifuls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOnderful projects! And thank you for all kind comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so inspiring that I've now become a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladies - each of your projects is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all beauties... Your sweet comments gives us inspiration and powers to create better things!!! Love you all...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Couldn't resist, the moodboard is so inspiring!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.