Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-04-09

Create Magic!

Yes, indeed.. This "Create Magic" stamp designed by Finnabair is such a perfect summary for Pascale's new artwork, wouldn't you agree? :)




Hello Sweeties,

Today, I'm up on Mixed Media Place blog with a new project.


I've had this little wooden case in my stash for some time now and I finally decided to give it a completely new life...

First, I covered my wooden case with two layers of White Gesso.

When dry, I stamped the whole case with  black Archival Ink  using the "Rust" stamp from "Now is the right time" set.


Then I painted my project with a mixture of watered down glaze and Rust Mica Powder.


I painted the frame with Black Gesso and when it was still wet I added some Rust & Teal Mica Powders.
Then I covered the frame with Clear Crackle Paste. When dry, I finished with some Inka gold wax.




I stamped the different elements from the stamp set with black Archival on a watercolor paper. I altered the paper with some Distress Inks.

I painted the heart in red and covered it with Clear Crackle Paste. When dry, I added a thin layer of glaze to prevent the cracks from falling. I finished with a light touch of gold wax.


All the embellishments were glued with 3D Matte Gel.


Then I added some Art Ingredients mixing them with Soft Matte Gel: Glass Glitter, Micro Beads, Mica Flakes.
I finished off adding some colors with Twinkling H2Os.


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

5 comments:

  1. Your piece turned out beautifully. I love the vintage feel you've added and the frame, colors and flowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete