Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-01-19

Capture The Moment

Keeping an art journal is like having a very special diary in which you can express yourself with not just words but also images, paints, colors and many more...
It's also a perfect way to collect all the special moments we would like to remeber forever...


Hello dear mixed-media experimenters!

I'm sure you won't be surprised if I tell you that I want to share with you my next art journal page. I just couldn't resist, I really love art journals...
And this page is super special to me because I made it in great company with somebody who has changed my life.
And that is what's so amazing about art journals. With colors and textures you can capture a moment in time that you might forget one day. It's like diary but better of course.


I prepared a very simple background with few pieces of papers and White Gesso.
Then, I played a little bit with one of my favorite Finnabair's stencils using Modeling Paste. After a few moments I added some embellishments, the picture, doodling and watercolor paints. 
I glued all the heavy elements  using 3D Gloss Gel which is the best glue for that kind of things. But to add a little bit of sparkle with Copper Glass Glitter, I used Soft Matte Gel.


As you can see, it's very simple and based on layering (paints, embellishments and colors).
But I think it doesn't have to be very fancy to be interesting and to help you remember some special feeling, or a moment or even one word that somebody said.


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and lovely art journal page - with lots of texture! I haven't started my journal yet - but will very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore !!!! Je vais sûrement essayer................

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the dimensions and textures. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous, love the ink running over the texture - fabulous pages!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete