Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-10-07

Being like... {Episode 2}

Do you remember this post by Agnieszka Anna where she tells us her story of following the masters?
Today, she's here sharing a new stunning work resulting from her "art meetings".



As you maybe know, sometimes I like to experiment with my art and do these creative exercises when I try to imitate one of the artists I admire. Maybe "imitate" is not exactly the right word. Drawing inspiration sounds a lot better. :)
Just for a little while I want to be someone else...
And how about the king of altered art today?
For a long time, Michael de Meng's artworks have been a huge inspiration for me. And that was the case in this piece - I tried to recreate Michael's unique feel and atmosphere. I hope I succeded.

First of all, I primed my canvas, a chipboard and an old brush with gesso and white sand paste. I applied them with a sponge. The sand paste is a great medium to give some interesting texture.
The next step was painting my primed objects with gold crackle texture paste. Before glueing the chipboard, I sprayed it with a Glimmer Mist.


Having everything prepared that way, I started painting with Inka Gold pastes. They are super easy and quick to apply, they dry fast and add a beautiful mettalic effect.
You can use them with a wet or dry brush or apply with a soft cloth or sponge.


The final touch was painting with acrylic paints and Glimmer Glaze that are just perfect for painting metal surfaces. I glued the metal embellishments - gel mediums work great with heavy elements and finally, I added some Liquid Pearls that make ideal delicate accents.


Materials from Mixed Media Place:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love all the texture and the soft yet vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like always... higher level of art. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.