Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2018-07-13

Vintage shelf by Anastasia


Hello friends! Anastasia here. Today I want to show you how to create a kind of vintage shelf using Impasto Paints, metal embellishments and wooden box. You can collect memorabilia and use as a home decor.



For the basis I took a wooden 20x20cm panel. At first I applied here and there Art Alchemy Wax - Mystic Turquoise. I wanted to give the whole project a kind of vintage look. Then I started applying White Impasto Paint. When everything dried, I used a piece of paper towel to remove partially the paint. If the paint is sticky, dry it again and try to remove it again. If you like more contrast between paint layers use wet baby wipes after paper towel. For next layers I have used hand cream instead of wax.
I chose Snow White, Dark Chocolate and Jade colours but you can use other or more colors - it is up to you, what color combination you decide to choose.





As a decor I used piece of wood I found a few years ago and lovely gears and hearts from Finnabair Mechanicals sets. They perfectly matched the "old" painted texture. In order to give them more vintage look I used waxes and Mint-Green patina effect paste.





I prepared video tutorial and hope you will enjoy my idea.


Mixed Media Place supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.