Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-12-15

Winter vase by Sylwia Gryczuk




Hello Arty Souls!

Sylwia here with my sparkly winter project:) I love creating fairy or gnome villages in old vases, therefore this time I decided to create one in a winter scenery:) 



Firstly I covered a vase with Gesso by Prima, so it gave the tooth to the surface. 



Then I used Heavy Gel Medium by Liquitex to glue the elements down to the vase. 



I used tissue paper, ribbons, trims and pearls. Then again I covered it with gesso. 



When everything was dry, I added a little bit of acrylic. I wanted the whole project to be in neutral colours so there was no need to add too much paints. 



For the house I used little toy house which I painted with gesso, then I added grey acrylic paint, and lots of Glitter and Mica Flakes by Prima.  I also used little stars-brads by Prima. I dipped them first in Gel Medium by Prima, then dipped in the glitter. 




I also added some dried flowers to the side of the vase. I placed threes and house on top of the vase and at the end I added a Snow Paste by Prima to all elements. 





 hope I encouraged you to create your own winter village:) 
Happy Christmas Everyone! xx 
Sylwia (TandiArt)

Mixed Media Place supplies:


1 comment:

  1. Amazing transformation! I particularly loved seeing how this all came together--something that is so rare. Loved seeing how you used the glitter on the brads! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.