Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2016-09-13

Gypsy at heart by Cristin


Hello again!

This week I have created a two-page art journal spread in my vintage ledger journal centered around --- the Fortune Teller!



I was instantly inspired by the 7 Dots Studio collection "Fortune Teller" and felt like I just had to create a couple pages around it!



I started by gluing two pages together with matte gel to make the rather thin pages a little bit stronger and able to stand up to the layers I was about to throw at it. Then, I did a layer of white gesso over the top of the pages to make them that much stronger.



I found it a lot of fun to layer paper cutouts from the 7 Dots Studio "Fortune Teller"  and "Illumination" collection. For a little extra fun texture, I also added in some lace.



Next, I used Lindy's Stamp Gang and Adirondack color wash to add some color to the page along with some black gesso. For extra texture I also love to use mica powder and art sugar to my pages. 

Finally to add some color to the portrait, I used some Prima Confections watercolors with a waterbrush. I think it really made the portrait pop, what about you?

Mixed Media Place supplies:

2 comments:

  1. Stunning pages. I like this mysterious paper collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very moody, atmospheric pages. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.