Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-10-03

Sea box

Recycling special objects is a great way to have them with us for longer. Tusia's wooden box turned into mixed media masterpiece. 
Altering is a great way of preserving memories.
 
Hello,

Some time ago, as a part of birthday gift, I received wonderful grape tea, from my dear friend - Keren. The tea was fantastic and it had great, wooden box. So once the tea was gone (what a pity!!! it was really wonderful) I decided to alter the box. I wanted it to be a sea box. 


At first I covered it with Finnabair white gesso. Than I made a mixture of Finnabair modeling paste and Mica Powder and covered the whole box creating pattern similar to waves. Once everything has dried, again I used white gesso to make the colors a little bit toned.


Finnabair glass beads and microbeads were just ideal to create sea atmosphere - they are like sand and air bubbles :) The lid of the box is embellished also with Prima Mechanicals.
Thank you for visiting the blog today. And below is the list of supplies I used. Have fun!
Tusia

Products from Mixed Media Place:

5 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous box and wonderful shades of blue and such awesome textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusia your "SEA".box turned out gorgeous !!! I LOVE the unusual color for this kind of project. I adore the texture created by lots of glasbrads and microbeads. It looks just awesome. If I was you I would hurry to buy another box of grape tea. Enjoy the tea AND having a lovely box to alter. You are so creative.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely art.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you wonderful ladies xxx I am so happy you like my box <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sea box Tusia! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete