Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-09-22

Journey

Always amazed by Athanasia art!
Beside her amazing mixed media skills we also adore her choice of the photograph. 
Simply stunning...



Hello MMP friends! I had this beautiful photo for a while and couldn't decide what to do with it, until now. I love the black balloon and the darkness of this photo that creates emotions of hope and sadness at the same time. 



For this project I used papers, stickers, stamps and stencil from 7 Dots Studio Soulmates, Yuletide and Lost & Found collections. I also used 2Crafty Chipboard pieces and ColourArte silks and Primary Elements to color the composition. 
First I applied white heavy gesso on the canvas. When it was dry, I used the stencil (by Yuletide collection) with the Celedin and Honey Amber silks. They dry pretty quickly. Then I made some stamps and glued the papers. The background work was done already. 



Next thing to do was to alter the chipboards. I used three shades of LSG embossing powders, blue, grey and black.  After I placed them in composition, I glued the stickers and the rest of the embellishments.


One thing I love to do often in my projects is to use wire in different ways. This time I tied it on a button and rumpled the edges to create a messy look. I really like the effect and dimension it gives at the composition.



I also like to use paper clips even I'm working on a canvas. I think they are so cute to use in any kind of project, don't you think?



As final touches I spread some of the Primary Elements blue shades here and there and sprayed water. It's the most fun thing to do before I finish my project :) 



That was all for today! Until next time, have a lovely crafty day!
Athanasia


Products from Mixed Media Place:



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas - awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athanasia, stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and the watercolor effect of you project. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ! I love it ! the colours and the texture are very beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.