Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2015-06-30

Possibility

Fantastic composition, classic background and amazing final piece!
Dark teal and purple, addition of old gold elements created some sensational effects. Take a look!




Summer is on, but my work for today isn't really bright and shiny ;)
This time I was in a mood for doing something a little bit darker than usual. Dark, distressed a little bit mysterious :)
I started with a wood-like paper from the "Destination Unknown" collection. It's a little bit too dark for my usual works, but this time - it worked perfectly. 



My first step was to add some modeling paste with a flourish stencil. To add a color to a paste I just mixed it with a mica powder. And here's a little trick for you - if you don't have a mica powder in a color you want, you can just mix two or three different colors. I mixed teal with pink, which gave me a beautiful purple color. How cool is that?
I used a paste pretty heavily - you can see that the pattern is raised and beautiful.



I like to add some metal elements, which also work great with a dark and a little bit grunge pieces. The colors of the metal were different - silver, gold, copper. It bothered me a little bit, so I used two colors of the Inka Gold pastes (old Silver and Brown Gold) to tone down the colors a little bit.


  
I really like using chipboards in my works. I like to change the look of them in many different ways but my favourite is to cover them with a black UTEE and then add some shine with a Inka Gold metallic paste. It gives them totally different look - shiny and metallic. They don't even look like chipboards anymore!


The composition is pretty simple and I haven't use a lot of paper here ;) But to add some extra layers and more texture to my LO I added some strips of black paper. I mixed the gel medium with a little bit of silver mica powder and small glass beads. I put this self-made texture paste on the paper through the stencil. And then heavily sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang mists. Adding a little bit of shine with Inka Gold on the edges and beads makes them look very magical :)

 
As you can see - with just a little bit of imagination and few different mixed-media tricks you can do magic :)
Hope you liked it :)


Products from Mixed Media Place:

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout and thanks for sharing your color tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout ! Allthough you say it's on the darker side the colors are very exciting. Love the wood looking background. And I adore your embellishments. Thank you for the great tips you also shared.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely work.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! Thank you for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! Thank you for ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.