Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-11-30

Waiting For Christmas

Are you getting ready? :)
We know how hectic this time of year can be and we have Anai today with the most beautiful reminder to take a breath and remember to actually enjoy this very special atmosphere.


This year I feel like  my "waiting for Christmas" mood got to me pretty early. There's something so special about this time of year - all the lights, shine, Christmas trees and stars.
This is that time of the year when I just love to have little lanterns around me - spending evenings with a cozy blanket, a good book and feel the warmth of the candle lights.


My layout is quite simple, but with a hint of media. I used the new 7 Dots Studio "Soulmates" collection.
You may think that pink is not a very Christmassy color. ;) But first of all, this layout is more about this special time than about Christmas itself. And secondly, pink is always good. For every occasion!


I started with using Modeling Paste with a Prima stencil. Then, I created some messy texture using little pieces of paper, textile ribbons etc. I covered everything with White Gesso diluted with water.
After drying, I just used some Glimmer Mists and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to add just a little bit of color and some stains and splashes.


Using stickers from 7 Dots Studio collections is always fun! It's just the easiest way to add some special meaning to your works. I especially like to use them with 3D foam squares - just to make my layouts a little bit more dimensional.

You can also see some Glass Glitter and Mica Flakes from Art Ingredients line. You know me - glitter is always a good choice and "Frosted" Mica Flakes look exactly like little pieces of shiny ice. They're so cute!


I hope that you will also find some quiet winter time for yourself. Just to enjoy the candlelight and all this special mood.

Materials from Mixed Media Place:

1 comment:

  1. Loving the sparkly, arty, goodness in your page, and most definitely the pink ;-)
    Georgie

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.