Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-11-30

Waiting For Christmas

Are you getting ready? :)
We know how hectic this time of year can be and we have Anai today with the most beautiful reminder to take a breath and remember to actually enjoy this very special atmosphere.


This year I feel like  my "waiting for Christmas" mood got to me pretty early. There's something so special about this time of year - all the lights, shine, Christmas trees and stars.
This is that time of the year when I just love to have little lanterns around me - spending evenings with a cozy blanket, a good book and feel the warmth of the candle lights.


My layout is quite simple, but with a hint of media. I used the new 7 Dots Studio "Soulmates" collection.
You may think that pink is not a very Christmassy color. ;) But first of all, this layout is more about this special time than about Christmas itself. And secondly, pink is always good. For every occasion!


I started with using Modeling Paste with a Prima stencil. Then, I created some messy texture using little pieces of paper, textile ribbons etc. I covered everything with White Gesso diluted with water.
After drying, I just used some Glimmer Mists and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays to add just a little bit of color and some stains and splashes.


Using stickers from 7 Dots Studio collections is always fun! It's just the easiest way to add some special meaning to your works. I especially like to use them with 3D foam squares - just to make my layouts a little bit more dimensional.

You can also see some Glass Glitter and Mica Flakes from Art Ingredients line. You know me - glitter is always a good choice and "Frosted" Mica Flakes look exactly like little pieces of shiny ice. They're so cute!


I hope that you will also find some quiet winter time for yourself. Just to enjoy the candlelight and all this special mood.

Materials from Mixed Media Place:

1 comment:

  1. Loving the sparkly, arty, goodness in your page, and most definitely the pink ;-)
    Georgie

    ReplyDelete