Finnabair's Store7 Dots StudioFlickrPinterestFacebookTwitterBlog

2014-10-15

Keep Your Eyes Open

What makes an artist...?
Among other things, it's the ability to spot beauty in places that might sometimes be overlooked by everyone else.
So keep your eyes open, take a good look at what's around you and feel inspired! :)


Hi, guys, Linda here and today I have a double spread art journal page I want to share with you.


I've started on a book where I do art journal pages with photos of textures found on our USA trip. Today I have a picture taken of a tree trunk seen on a street in San Francisco. The colors on the trunk inspired me to the colors I've used.


The page already had some teal ink on from a previous project, cleaning a stencil.
I added some scrap paper with text on both pages, some masking tape and covered the pages with a thin layer of gesso. Then I used a Prima stencil and super heavy gesso on parts of the pages to create more texture.


I wanted some more of the teal color so I used various Gelatos mixed with water and splashed it on the background. I then added some texture with stamps and tape. I also had some ink to the edge of the page.


Finally, I added the picture and a few journaling cards to finish of the page.
Thank you for looking

Materials from Mixed Media Place:


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous spread. This is how I want my visual journal pages to look. A mix of colours combined with texture & photographs & totally different to my art journal pages which have stamped imagery rather than photography.
    Love the textured "white space".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula, so happy you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at all that texture - amazing - love it

    ReplyDelete

Please note: leaving a comment on this website means you agree for us to store and process your data (such as user ID) for communication, education and marketing purposes. More information on our Privacy Policy is listed on the blog.